Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Whats Your Excuse?

Usually, a Date falls very broadly into two basic categories:-
a) The ones to be accepted
b) The ones to be declined
We can apply the 20-80% principal here, with 20 falling in the first category, and 80 falling in the second. It is a cardinal rule.

Now the moot point here is, when you are declining 80% of your probable dates, it has to be done it with a practiced panache. The clincher is the one big excuse that you need to give to avoid the date.

Again these excuses fall under two broad categories
a) The ones that sound plausible
b) Other that don’t
(Apply the 20-80% break up here again)

Most regrettably, most of my excuses do fall under the “I don’t buy that, why don’t you just say that you are not interested” section. But since we were born incorrigible, we still use them, with the confidence that it will ring absolutely true and bring about desirous effects, without mucho unpleasantness and sour exchanges. (Yeah right, go on say it, “What the hell do you think of yourself Prem, declining dates like that?”)

Here’s proudly presenting, my most time-worn, weather beaten, excuses to avoid a date, in no particular order. All equally unsuccessful in avoiding the subsequent grumpy retorts after their utilization.

a) Suddenly, I have a few guests at home
b) My mother wants to go shopping
c) Today is Raksha Bandhan, I have to take my sister for a movie
d) My dog broke his leg again
e) My parrot bit my niece’s finger, I have to rush her to the doc.
f) I got loose motions
g) I’m feeling very sleepy, you will get bored with me tonite
h) I have an early morning flight to Bhuj tommorow
i) I have a rash on my upper lip that’s due to an allergy to … umm.. air
j) I have an in-growing toenail, that hurts real bad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home