Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tendering a Resignation

Mohan a colleague of mine resigned from the services to our company recently, and this was a drab and deceptive parting email he sent to all of us at office
----------------------
Dear All

I want to take a moment to let you know that I am leaving my position at Intelenet. I have enjoyed my tenure here and appreciate having the opportunity to work with you all.

Thank you for the support, guidance and encouragement you have provided me during my time at Intelenet.

Even though I will miss my colleagues and the company, I am looking forward to this new challenge and to starting a new phase of my career.

Please keep in touch, I can be reached at my personal email address blahblahblah@rediffmail.com or at home-98&%^&%^&%^&%^

Thanks once again for everything.

Yours truly,

Mohan

--------------------------------------------------------------

I sincerely wish Mohan had been slightly more frank, forthright and honest in his mail. Maybe something like this would have been much more an interesting and enjoyable read, maybe I would do it while leaving..


Dear All

I want to take a moment to rub it into you guys that while I am leaving my position at Intelenet, you dumb oafs will still rot here for more. I dont know what I hated more here.. my workstation? my work per se? or was it just all of you guys? and dont know what must I have done to deserve this hideous misfortune of working with you all.

Thank you for all the bickering, back biting, one-upmanship games and wheeling dealings that you subjected me to during my time at Intelenet.

Man, am I glad to get rid of all of you fro0m my existance permanently!!

Fuck off and never stay in touch with me, coz im changing my email id, and my mobile number too

Balls to you,

Mohan
-------------------------------------------------


There, isn't that much better?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVELY!

Beta, bahut din baad likhe ho - Likthe raho yaar!!

May 10, 2005 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger RS said...

He should have also caused some serious and permanent damage to the company's servers/data etc.

May 11, 2005 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Acoustic Dreamer said...

hey! welcome back :)

May 14, 2005 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Jedi said...

hehe..
I've heard stories from so many people actually wanting to write something like this in their farewell letters/emails. I suppose in the end its not about being a coward but more about not wanting to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth when u'r leaving. Especially when u'r probably never gonna meet any of them again and hardly care about whether it'll make em happy or piss em off.

CFC
P.S. Then there's also that mean little thing called 'work reference' :D

May 14, 2005 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jain said...

haha, it all looks good in speaking though, put into actual practice i dont think you will get any future referrals, or a nice farewell party either ;)
Saurabh

June 7, 2005 at 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and u wonder why people around you are superbitches...?! really?

im not nice either... i love dissing people and i love flame wars! but at least i don't worry about the kind of company i keep

June 15, 2005 at 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why doesn't this page show my name when i type it out? i'm the anonymous from the erstwhile post... also known as neha... u could curse me all u like... i have no wish to have brickbats hurled at some poor person who hides under the cover of anonymous

June 15, 2005 at 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

August 18, 2007 at 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

August 18, 2007 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F3np2E You have a talant! Write more!

October 30, 2007 at 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MWNwca The best blog you have!

November 1, 2007 at 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, maybe, were mistaken?

December 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home